To Find and Replace text in any text file either:
- Click on the Find Icon in the top bar.
- Press Ctrl+ F to Find
- Press Ctrl+ H to find and replace
Enter text to find
- Any highlighted text will automatically be entered as the Find text.
Any text found in any visible subtitle or script box will be highlighted.
Step through multiple instance of the search text by:
- Using the up and down arrows on the keyboard
- By clicking the up and down arrows on the find dialog
- By pressing Enter on the keyboard
|Find only in the current Text file||Only text in the currently selected text file will be searched.|
|Find text in all Text files||Search in all the Text files in this Project.|
|Match Case when searching|
|Only match whole words|
- To show the Replace options either:
- Press Ctrl+ H on the keyboard
- Click on the > symbol in the Find dialog.
- Press the Tab key on the keyboard
- Enter the Replacement text
- To replace a single occurrence
- click on the single tick icon
- Press Enter on the keyboard
- To replace all occurrences In one or all files as selected using the icons above)
- Click on the double tick icon