New update, changed silence settings?

Hi, I got a message saying Stellar has been updated again today and it seems to have changed my recording settings and I can’t get them right again using the recorder widget settings. It keeps leaving a long gap at the end of all recordings, any idea what I can do to fix this? I’ve tried everything.

Hi Victoria,
yes, by default it automatically detects the silence level to use for auto trim.
You can turn off automatic and set a manual number using the new ‘Level Settings’ available by clicking on the mic icon next to the record icon. If you do not need to adjust your record level (you probably have it right), just click ‘next’ until you see the control to switch off Automatic, and then either detect and set, or adjust you Silence level to suit.
We’d like to understand why it’s leaving such a long time at the end though - so email us (support@yellaumbrella.tv) a sample audio (e.g. the latest audio in the folder) so we can triple check?
br,
Simon

I assume you are recording with headphones on?

Hi Victoria,
Another thought came to me -
Are you the habit of ending the recording manually - with a click or keystroke?
If so, the click or keystroke may be in the recording, and causing the long tail. Try letting the recording end naturally (~1/2 after the title end point - this is how most people record) and let us know.
If you DO have to end it manually, you can manually trim a little from the end and then click the autotrim, and it will auto-trim from your trim end point, so avoiding any extraneous clicks it may have recorded.
Please let us know how you are doing…
br,
Simon